For God so loved the world, as to give His only begotten Son; that whosoever believeth in Him, may not perish, but may have life everlasting. – Saint John the Apostle

Please Note


Whenever you use the links on my blog's to make purchases, such as from Mystic Monk Coffee, CCleaner, and others, I earn a small commission. This commission does not have any effect on your costs.

Saturday, May 27, 2006

Saint Quote: Saint Augustine of Canterbury


God, in his promises to hear our prayers, is desirous to bestow Himself upon us; if you find anything better than Him, ask it; but if you ask anything beneath Him, you put an affront upon Him, and hurt yourself by preferring to Him a creature which He framed: Pray in the spirit and sentiment of love, in which the royal prophet said to Him, 'Thou, O Lord, are my portion.' Let others choose to themselves portions among creatures, for my part, You are my portion, You alone I have chosen for my whole inheritance.

--Saint Augustine (Austin) of Canterbury


2 comments:

  1. Where did y'all get this quote from? I want more of this St.Augustine. I go to St.Austin's in austin!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am afraid that I do not recall where I found this quote. It has been on this blog since May of 2006, and is a part of over 2,700 posts for this blog.

    ReplyDelete